Monday, October 25, 2004


Hi, I'm Loretta and these are my friends. We're the pixies who live inside your PC. Every time you type something in on the keyboard I run over to gather up the letters and carry them back here to the files. My friend Mirella is good with numbers. Sometimes, when it gets boring, I give her a zero to divide by. She never succeeds but it's fun to watch her try! Something like if you'd try saying "Loretta Mirella" over and over a hundred times. Oh, and here's Herman. He's in charge of security. He throws logs on the firewall and keeps the viruses away from us. What's that Mirella? Yes. I think so, too. Look, I'm terribly sorry about this, but we've decided to crash your PC for a while. It's such a lovely day, we feel like going out to play in the sun.

Story #58

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which this reminds me of the most -- the underwear gnomes from South Park or the B.Kliban cartoon of a man's head sticking out of the toilet with a woman looking back and happily exclaiming "So YOU'RE the one who's been doing that!"

ReaZ said...

LOL if there really were computer pixies that did that, most of them would work for Microsoft lol.

Travis said...

Do Mac computer pixies wear trendy clothes and thick, black 'indie-frame' glasses? Do they drink Starbucks as they sort our endless strings of ones and zeros?

Indeterminacy said...

The Mac users I know get along well with their PCs, and swear by them, not at them. The pixies must put on cool parties for their owners.