Thursday, March 23, 2006


Class, last night I finished grading the animals you all built. But there were mishaps and I think we need to discuss them before I return the assignments. Clara, your animal was huffing and grunting continuously, and ran everywhere licking things! I finally had to lock it in the cellar, where it went on licking - the entire night! Too much reflex, no reflection. Please pay more attention next time! Douglas, your animal began running around in circles. Then it started jumping and tumbling about until finally smashing through the window and thumping into a neighbor's house. We must be extremely cautious about the amount of adrenalin we add to the mix! Mistakes like these make our animal very hard to subdue. Ben and Bela, I'm afraid it was all I could do to keep your animals apart. At first sight they wrapped limbs and rolled here and there, and off into the sunset. Quite a sunset hanging over the road by my house, and they rolled right into it. Next time don't use parts from the same dish. They instinctively try to reunite. Harvey, your animal just lay there. Please try harder next time. The rest of you, I finally had to lock your animals in separate closets to keep them from acting out their lust instincts. Some did, however, manage to burrow out and vanish to parts unknown. Please keep an eye on the newspapers and blogs these weeks for anything unusual.

So, due to the loss of a large portion of our animals and the time we will lose correcting the ones that did not get away, we must double up in teams. I will assign boy-girl project teams at the end of today's session. Also, I'm afraid we will have to omit material due to the time lost. In particular I've decided to dispense with the lecture on how to build sexual organs. We simply do not have the resources to deal with further complications.

For the next session I would like you to add a digestive system to your animals, which will enable them to absorb nourishment, and hence, enjoy an extended life span. After that, we'll work through emotional fine-tuning, and, in the concluding session, learn how to decorate our animals. Despite the glitches up to now, I feel you will soon arrive at the point where you may take your destiny into your own hands and create animals whenever you like.

Story #348

8 comments:

admin said...

:)) VERY funny! :) Thanks for shedding light to my little-fox adventure :)).

Indeterminacy said...

VW: Believe it or not, I didn't plan it as a reference to your post, but after it was written, it suddenly occurred to me. Maybe it's some kind of automatic writing. Spirits or something.

The Mushroom said...

Follow the diagram above. You may improve upon the face but please use the basic diagram here. Please focus upon the fact this should resemble an upper vertibrate. You are welcome to leave out the appendix but please do not take too many other liberties with the digestive system, since the idea is that it should work correctly.

[Took 8 tries to post, kept getting the same - wrong - verification word.]

Indeterminacy said...

Hey Mush: love the continuation. I had trouble posting comments yesterday, too, same thing you describe. Maybe that's why there are so few comments here ;-)

I'm going to skip posting today. Maybe I can still write something for that story contest - deadline is tonight, I think.

Synchronicity Diva said...

Inde,

I just love this story. I am still laughing, silently though.

admin said...

Indie you are starting to scare me. Firstly it was synchronicity, now its automatic writing... where will this lead? Nirvana?

Indeterminacy said...

Full of Love: Thank you - I'm indeed happy when something I wrote had such a positive affect on someone.

Viruswitch: Honestly, when I look back at all the stories I've written, I wonder how I could have done it. I hardly believe that I've done it, but there they all are. Maybe I am watching too much Dark Shadows now. There's a storyline where some spirits are trying to take over the living characters. The rough version of this story was written at about 2 AM and I was half asleep and didn't know what I was writing. On the way to work and during lunch I tried to give it some coherence, as well as adding some additional passages to make it what I posted. I have a Buddhist friend. I'll ask him if this could lead to Nirvana. I tend to think that more sleep might lead me in that direction.

admin said...

I will have to agree on the sleeping thing. Although you are doing pretty well writing half asleep!