Thursday, February 24, 2005


Backseat-Dog: What's going on with our road trip?
Frontseat-Dog: Yeah, why'd you pull off the freeway?
Driver-Dog: It was frightening out there. Didn't you see it?
Frontseat-Dog: Woof. I mean, see what?
Driver-Dog: That Jaguar bearing down on us. That cat nearly ran us off the road!
Frontseat-Dog: I missed that. I was counting cows.
Backseat-Dog: I missed that, too. I was playing that alphabet game, looking for all the letters.
Driver-Dog: Don't be so intellectual! Dogs can't read.
Backseat-Dog: Sure they can. You know they make dog food out of cows?
Frontseat-Dog: Oh, really?
Driver-Dog: No they don't.
Backseat-Dog: Yes they do. I read it on the package.
Driver-Dog: Anything to munch back there? All this talk about dog food is making my stomache growl.
Frontseat-Dog: Me, too. How about we go get something to eat?
Backseat-Dog: Yeah, but go to a drive-thru. Most inside places have this "no pets" rule.
Driver-Dog: OK. Just a second.
Frontseat-Dog: What's wrong with now?
Driving-Dog: I'm waiting for the right moment to pull out.
Frontseat-Dog: The right moment?
Driver-Dog: I'm not going out there again unless I can drive behind a Greyhound bus.

Story #170

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant! marvellous! definitely one of the best ever! love it!

Indeterminacy said...

Thank you. And thank you. It's so amazing to me that people actually seem to like these stories.

Harrison said...

Hahahahah. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Now you are beginning to sound like Sally Field.

Indeterminacy said...

What does Sally Field sound like? Last I heard of her was a movie I saw more than 20 years ago. Something must have stuck with me.

Anonymous said...

Your mastery at writing these short-stories is really something to applaude! ** M.P.

Indeterminacy said...

Thanks MP, but please look the other way on the days I post something really lame!