Friday, January 14, 2005


Ashley decided to have an out of body experience. She stood up against the beam and had her friend watch her so she wouldn't fall over during the temporary vacancy. Then her spirit drifted out of its hull, floating with swift, purposeful direction. She hovered behind Rick, her ex who was just hitting on a new girl, and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around, and saw no one near. It would be like Ashley to disturb him now but he spotted her halfway across the disco. He returned to his flirt, but a new tap on the shoulder increased his disconcertion. Then he felt a tug near a sensitive place. His zipper had been pulled down. He hastily pulled it up again. Another tap on the shoulder. He whirled around and tripped over his own feet, falling backwards. As if guided by a supernatural force, which it was, his drink arched over his head and splashed onto the girl he wanted to see naked. He angrily unknotted his shoelaces which he found tied together, stood up and apologized effusely to the wet girl. Later, back in her body, Ashley laughed as Rick and his pick-up left together. "Look at that! She's actually leaving with him," she remarked to her friend. "Guess you can't win 'em all," her friend replied. Ashley went on, a wicked glint in her eyes, "In about ten minutes he's going to wonder where his condoms are."

Story #130

4 comments:

The Mushroom said...

I have to wonder which of my former loves my poltergeist is. The only one I know of who could do OOBE married someone else after she gave me a disease. The only one I suspect would do something like that left me for someone else and my only crime was not reading her mind that it was over at least two months earlier since she never told me. And the only one who would want to is back in email contact with me, still believing there's hope apparently, though the fact remains that if I wouldn't take her to bed when she was 17 why would I want to at 34? She's assuredly never left her body, she might be attractive if she were capable of that trick. The ghost behind me is my own spirit, trying to get somewhere with someone other than who I'm facing... I hate it when that happens.

Great story, Indie. :-P

Indeterminacy said...

Thanks for the feedback Mush! My muse hasn't checked in yet so I don't know what she thinks of it.

roachz said...

That's a great way to pull a trick or two. When is Ashley going to rob a bank?

Indeterminacy said...

Wow, am I surprised how everyone seems to like this story! Especially since I felt like I was grasping at straws when I wrote it. Thanks Irma, Michael, Roachz, Corey and Mush for your comments. Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!