Tuesday, November 23, 2004


The overpowering need to have her drove him mercilessly towards her. Now he crept on all fours like some wild animal, no thought but of the moment he would pounce upon her. She knew how to coax his desire. Even now the way she looked at him inflamed his lust for her far beyond what he could bear. Closer and closer he inched towards her, on his belly now like a serpent, yet it was as in a dream where you will yourself to move but everything meanders further and further away. He imagined himself slithering onto her, but why did she appear so unreal as seen through a veil of steam? Slowly a stronger force made itself known to him, soothingly compelling him to close his eyes and let go of all thought. He had almost been able to touch her. The girl was surprised. She had expected the strychnine to work much faster.

Story #87

4 comments:

The Mushroom said...

When you said a few weeks ago we needed a new Tom Lehrer, I didn't realize you were volunteering for the position (sans music). I do like how you can put an Ed Gorey/Charles Addams/Gahan Wilson twist to even the sweetest of photos. :-P

Indeterminacy said...

No way could I be another Tom Lehrer! But I love him. There's a certain indefinable element of audacious acidity (or is it acidic audacity?) in his sarcasm that is more addictive than heroin, but that no one could ever come close to capturing. Something like a pig wallowing in a mud puddle of absurdities, splashing the mud on everyone else. Or what is it?

Bright College Days:
"Oh, soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife
Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life"

MLF Lullaby:
"We've got the missiles, peace to determine,
And one of the fingers on the button will be German"
...
"Once all the Germans were warlike and mean
But that couldn't happen again,
We taught them a lesson in nineteen eighteen,
And they've hardly bothered us since then"

I Hold Your Hand:
"I hold your hand in mine, dear, I press it to my lips.
I take a healthy bite From your dainty fingertips.
My joy would be complete, dear, If you were only here,
But still I keep your hand As a precious souvenir."

Oedipus Rex:
"So be sweet and kind to Mother,
Now and then have a chat.
Buy her candy or some flowers or a brand new hat.
But maybe you had better let it go at that!"

National Brotherhood Week:
"Oh, the Protestants hate the Catholics,
And the Catholics hate the Protestants,
And the Hindus hate the Moslems,
And everybody hates the Jews."

As to the other names (except Addams) I'll have to claim ignorance. I love the Adams family, which was based on Addams' drawings. I have his Mother Goose volume, found at a flea market in Holland. Found out later it's a rare first edition.

Rev. Kimberly Rich said...

just one more example of "never trust a collage gal". lol. She didnt even slip a kind and quick poison.

Love and Light

Indeterminacy said...

This picture is more dangerous than I thought!