Tuesday, November 01, 2005


"Vive les hommes!" shouted Chérie from her window over the chaussée, as the Parade of Perfect Men marched by, a regular feature of November's first day, the Day of the Saints. The crowd of watching women emitted "Oooohs" and "Ahhhhs" at the meaty masculinity they saw. The men were clean cut and clean shaven, bathed and clothed in fresh underwear. They were empathic and macho in just the needed blend, musculous but not over-hormonized, perfect pets for playful ladies. The women observed, ciphered, decided, and pulled their choices from the synchronized columns of movement. The latter day sexual revolution had made this the norm for dating, but unfortunately the sanitized synthesis of Superman and Mr. Clean lacked desire for what it called the strength-sapping suicides of carnal intimacy. It took at least three specimens to leave a woman satisfied, and that never worked because once three of these men got together, they invariably began a good, clean game of poker.

Story #302

14 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

Congradulations on the recognition. That was nice.

A Little Bar of Soap said...

Yes, congratulations. It's good to know that you're being rewarded for the FILTH that you create! Devil, get thee OUT!

Indeterminacy said...

Tom & Icy: You've done so much to help people find out about Indeterminacy, well, they found out about it.

Little Bar: Thank you. But this story was clean!

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Indie,

I love the twist to this story. I can't imagine what else this picture would be about. :)

smiles,
Liz

The Mushroom said...

It's supposed to be: vive les hommes!

That woman looks a lot like my sister-in-law, but I know it isn't because, well, she's one who is more likely to say "mmm, cherchez la femme..."

Indeterminacy said...

Liz: If I could have thought of something different I probably would have written that instead ;-)

Mush: I know, but "viva la men" has a better sound to it. I'll change it to vive les men. ;-)

Indeterminacy said...

Mush: I've now heard from a friend who teaches French asking the same question as you. So I have no choice but to change it.

GPV said...

Boy! I can imagine little bar of soap visiting my blog "Déjà Vu"
don't look in the archives Soapy!!!
Satan lurks in there, watch out for heart attack.
Aside of that I think you really should be known wider, it's a pleasure to respond to your challenge, you bring out the best in people. Cheers.

Doug The Una said...

Bathed Frenchmen?

Doug The Una said...

I just read the reviews. You deserve that. The whole point was underscored when I was reading your answers and kept thinking "that's so Indie" You've accomplished a lot here.

Still, a bathed Frenchman?

GPV said...

AWWWW come on Doug.

Indeterminacy said...

GPV: You shouldn't have mentioned your site, because she always seems to show up where she think there will be something interesting a/k/a filthy. I warned her once to stay away from one of my posts and she came over here and fainted!

Doug: You of all people should remember the bathing scene in Last Tango in Paris.

Indeterminacy said...

P.S. I had a headache last night and decided to go to bed early instead of writing a story. I know that's a lame excuse, but if I could think of an original excuse I could just as well have written a story.

Actually, I finally had time now to sit down and dream something up, so if it works, I'll post it, if not, I'll have to pull my wild card again and do nothing :-(

The Mushroom said...

Ahh, good. A little authenticity and accuracy. And speaking of my elle aime les femmes sis-in-law, she mysteriously showed up last night with her wife and some Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits.