Monday, September 20, 2004


Hello. I live behind the eye. I can see you but you can't see me. She may look at you, or look through you, and maybe a fleeting thought is devoted to you. But I sit back and take it all in in my leisure. If I want her to kiss you, I can make her do so. She won't know why. She won't even imagine it was my idea. I can cause her to turn her head away and never gaze upon you again. She may sleep. But I never do. Ah, the power I have back here! Not even a hypnotist can get to me. There! Did you see? That wink? I did that.

Story #39

2 comments:

Rev. Kimberly Rich said...

mmmmm very nice... and why did I find that oddly erotic??

Indeterminacy said...

I didn't consciously notice this until later, but the woman's pupil seems to be dilating, a sign of trust or attraction. This probably helps set the mood of the story.